Pages

Monday, November 12, 2012

Have I actually started my story yet?

Zidane Tribal from Final Fantasy 9 (video game)
You know, after I finished writing last night, I started wonder if I had even scratched the surface. A major part of my initial worry about doing NaNoWriMo was that I wouldn't have enough words or events going on in my novel (or, something I thought was going to be originally, a novella) but as it turns out, I think I'm going to be just fine.

How do I know this? For the plain and simple fact that last night, I wrote 9,260 words last night which brought my word count up to 28,440 words. Looking at my percentage, that brings me up to 56% and I just finished writing chapter six.

Chapter six! Maybe since it's only the first draft right now, I feel slightly more confident with Mermaid Tears getting that kickstart into the actual story. What is the actual story besides Misora's struggle to cope with her past? The actual story is pretty much Misora trying to protect herself from the humans and from being caught. That's really all I want to say about it. Maybe it'll turn into a series after all..

As for the secret to how I wrote so much, that's going to be in the next post because I need to write my diary entries.



Youji Kudou from Weiss Kreuz (anime)
Well, now, it seems that this pretty girl here is on her way. Granted, she did annoy the hell out of me with her constant bad moods and her fighting with everyone all the time.

It was a nice change. I really wish, though, I could interact with the crew of Ruby Heart  and join them - they seem like a good bunch. They seem they know what they want and what they're doing. Cargo trading, I guess, seems like an easy going kind of life.

I'm too much of a drifter though. I don't think we'd get along very well if Damien is this naive. Misora's pretty naive herself but she worries me. Especially when we were in that carriage:


“Are you okay? What’s wrong? You started to mutter in your sleep but you kicked the box down and woke me up. Then next thing I know, I hear you screaming for help.”

Misora stared at her as more tears fell. She didn’t say a word.

“Come here, girl,” Alicia said as she brought the crying woman close to her. Misora then just burst out crying. She screamed as the woman merely held her tightly as she could. “Shh, shhh,” she shushed as she rubbed her head.

“It’s okay. It’s going to be okay,” Alicia whispered as she tried to pick up the dropped coat. “It was just a dream.” Misora screamed more and pressed her head against her chest as though her fury, fury that apparently she still contained, screamed into her bosom.

Misora continued to scream inaudibly.

Misora just cried and cried. Once she finally settled, the comforting single eyed woman placed Misora on her lap as the still weeping mermaid cried out her last tears. All the woman could do was to hum a sweet lullaby.
For all the times she pissed me off with her ridiculous notions and paranoid excuses not to be friendly towards them, I just really want to help her. I want her to see that she can get past the pain of from that prison she was in. I'm not expecting her to open up to me and tell me her life story - but I guess the best way to help someone is to let them help themselves.

2 comments:

  1. OMG, I am so far behind. I need to sit down and actually do some writing this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should use this! It helped me gain that huge number!

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! Please feel free to leave your link to your blog! Also, I tend to reply to comments so feel free to come back and check out the response. Have a great day!