Pages

Friday, November 02, 2012

Whoo-hoo! The first post!

I think this is the most exciting part of any blog, right? The first post! Hmm. What should I talk about for the first post?

Maybe with what I plan to do? Sounds like a good idea.

Generally, I'm going to use this blog for writing, musings, etc. Although NaNoWriMo started yesterday, I might post things here that bothers me about my muses, plot holes, other literary junk that I can think of for my novel, Mermaid Tears. If you want to know the synopsis, you can read it down below:


The waters are literally rising and the humans have to survive. One day, a scientist fell in love with a mermaid and he entered her world. He learned things that he promised to keep secret but he was so entranced by what he saw, he relayed it to the others anyway. Desperate to save themselves, the humans launched a secret genocide and the capturing of the mermaids to discover their secret of how to survive underwater.

Then the experiments began and more secrets are born. The general public are unaware with what happened with the mermaids - only they've simply vanished. Mermaids who become humans are those who have passed the secret to the scientists with promise of freedom but instead, forces them to stay within the confines of the prison camp - never seeing the ocean again.

Misora, a daughter of one such mermaid, manages to escape and is rescued by a young, naive sailor by the name of Damien. How could she trust this human? How could she trust her instincts? How could she trust herself?

But yeah. I've always enjoyed fantasy but a lot of the books that I've seen around tend to be boring and so... dry. I want to be be thrown into a world full of intrigue and everything. I'm hoping I could do that with this year's NaNoWriMo. Wish me luck! And if you want, you can add me as a writing buddy! I wouldn't mind any one asking about their stories either!

Oh yeah, I'm supposed to be talking about what I'm going to do with this blog. Got sidetracked already...

Anyway, yeah. I'm probably going to post some reviews on here whenever I get a chance to pay attention long enough to read a book/short story long enough to really make note of it. As for my plans for my novel after NaNo, well, to be honest, I would love to get it published and maybe earn a little bit of money if only because these characters I'm writing (with the exception of two) have been in my brain for many, many years.

So yeah. Please expect lots of muse talking, character development as well as probable plot holes and ideas that I'd like to use for later.

My, this was wordy...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Please feel free to leave your link to your blog! Also, I tend to reply to comments so feel free to come back and check out the response. Have a great day!